About Sancta Familia Medical Apostolate
After retiring from the United States Air Force in February 2008, Dr. Lloyd A. Pierre, Jr. began working in family medicine at a local primary care community health center. He quickly realized that he had a deep desire to be able to take care of his patients and, at the same time, be very open with his Catholic faith.
A year later, in April 2009, Dr. Pierre and his wife Deanna began discussing the idea of a primary care medical clinic that would uphold the moral and ethical standards of the Catholic Church with Fr. Matthew Gutowski, a priest in the Archdiocese of Omaha. Father Gutowski is also the national chaplain for the Catholic Medical Association (CMA) as well as the chaplain for the local CMA guild. Father Gutowski was extremely supportive and, in fact, had been praying that the Lord would provide such a clinic in Omaha. It was decided that they would work toward establishing the clinic and hoped that, eventually, it would become a multi-disciplinary clinic. The most important thing about the clinic would be that it would allow the medical providers and staff to treat each patient with the respect and dignity they are due as children of God in accordance with the teachings of the Catholic Church.
Dr. Pierre and his family were active in the Apostolate for Family Consecration and, through the local group, had gotten to know Dr. Michael Dulac, a pediatrician, and his wife Mary and their children. Dr. Dulac was also very interested in the idea of a Catholic primary clinic and in being part of establishing it.
The team got to work and, in God’s great providence, Sancta Familia Medical Apostolate was born, opening its doors on March 7, 2011. Archbishop George Lucas blessed the clinic and the new clinic chapel, the Chapel of Jesus Christ the Divine Physician, on May 17, 2011.
The mission of Sancta Familia Medical Apostolate is to provide holistic primary health care in adherence to the moral and ethical teachings of The Roman Catholic Church, respecting the dignity of each person from the moment of conception to natural death.
The vision of Sancta Familia Medical Apostolate is to:
- Provide excellent medical care that supports the inherent dignity of every person, of all faiths and backgrounds, in accordance with the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church.
- Provide the best available medical care, offering services to the entire family, from Prenatal/Pediatrics to Geriatrics.
- Provide medical care that addresses the whole person: body, mind, and soul.
- Recognize that physical healing is only possible through the work of the Divine Physician, Jesus Christ, and we are merely His tools.
- Contribute to building a culture of life here in Omaha.
We at Sancta Familia Medical Apostolate promise you that:
- We will pray for you, our patients.
- We will always do our best to provide you with excellent, best practice medical care that addresses your body, mind, and soul.
- We will treat you with the dignity you deserve as a child of God.